Friday, June 24, 2005

If anyone of you sees me with bruises in the next couple of weeks, please do not be alarmed. I bought Josiah two pairs of boxing gloves for his 14th birthday and of course he wants me to box with him. We had our first "fight" just a couple of minutes ago and even though neither of us really know what we are doing it was still pretty intense:) I am so NOT the hitting kind of person so it felt weird actually hitting someone and doing it for fun. Hmmmm....does that sound a little wrong to any of you?
Anyway, it was pretty fun, but there was this one time that Josiah got in a really good punch that knocked me off my feet! It hurt at first but not to bad. Personally I think I won our first fight, though Josiah will probably disagree. I'm trying to convince Kristi she should try it, but she refuses, something about boxing not being ladylike. I have to agree with her, boxing isn't a very girlie thing to do, but it is great exercise. I was reading a book about the best ways to lose calories and get in shape and boxing was one of the top three! So I guess that's a good enough reason for me to keep doing it:)

6 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Don't let Joey tell my brothers he got boxing gloves...they've been harping on my dad to get them a couple pairs for some time, but I'm of the opinion they already have plenty of body contact!

However, I must agree with you...boxing for fun does sound fun!! (I'm sure Anne Shirley would do it.)

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, maybe in a couple of years.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

NO WAY!!! Anne Shirley would NOT do it! Not ever!
Oh what am I going to do with you all!?

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Yes, I am certain it is something Anne would do.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Sorry but the idea of Kristi with boxing gloves on winding up for a punch just hit me as extreemly funny!!!! I sat here and just laughed and laughed trying to imagine it.
I personally haven't ever had boxing gloves on myself either, can't say as I have ever wanted to, but I did slither into a sumo suit and do sumo wrestling once which was great fun for sure!

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allright Chris, now I will take on for the second time:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home