Thursday, June 16, 2005

North Carolina

Sorry I couldn't put all those pictures together on one post. I wouldn't have gotten them up at all if it weren't for Kelsey....thanks George:)

So our trip to North Carolina was a load of fun. Okay so maybe the plane rides were a bit nauseating and uncomfortable, but not so bad. The wedding was simple but gorgeous. Rachel wanted an Indian wedding since she and Nathan are going to be missionaries over there and of course Kati, Kristi, Karin and I wanted to join in on the fun. Have any of you ever tried to put on a sari before? They are so tricky, luckily Kati had just gotten back from Bangladesh and so she knew how to put them on perfectly.

It was so nice seeing some of my extended family whom I haven't seen in years. After the wedding we all went to this adorable park for a picnic. My cousin Kenneth and his friend Chris Rogers started playing a football game together. Kristi and I didn't want to be left out so we sorta took over and made them play with us. I think Kristi has found her secret talent:0 She is an excellent football player! You go girlie:)

I love how the air in North Carolina is so think you can barely breathe. I loved it when the fireflies came out at night and glowed all around us. I love the whole patriotic feeling that overwhelms you, there was a hardly one house that didn't have an American flag waving in the wind, neither was their a car that did not have a "Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon on it. I love looking at all the beautiful plantation houses we passed, I liked to pretend I was back in time before the Civil War, going to parties and wearing fancy dresses;) Of course I loved how the people would call you Ma'am even if you are way younger than them:)
I'm counting the days until I can go back; I love the whole East Coast! I think we should all move down South, it's such a wonderful, glorious place:)

4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

you're so smart little girl to figure out how to put all those pictures on your blog!
Oh wait...Kelsey did it didn't she?

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I suppose the photo server you used has a nice feature that sizes them all perfectly... I'm still learning that trick with what I'm working with.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Oh, and yes, I'm sure North Carolina is all that you describe it to be. One of the places I wouldn't mind visiting some day.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Mark, I guess we have a cool photo server that sizes the pictures nicely, but honestly I would have no clue:) Kelsey is the one who knows all that kind of stuff I just sit and watch her do it all:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home