Friday, June 22, 2007

It's Done

It's done, it's over. We are truly out of our house that we have lived in since moving to Washington eights years ago. This morning was a mad dash to throw all my suitcases into my car and then head off to work; it didn't even hit me that this would be the last time I'm ever in that wonderful house that has been my most favorite place on earth. All day I could't really belive that it's gone, so many, many memories were made there.
Memories of climbing out onto the roof to talk on the phone.
My sisters taking midnight walks and lying in the middle of the road.
Kristi, jumping from Kelsey's window onto the garage roof and then wondering how to get down.
Josiah spending hours and hours practicing for basketball on our sportscourt.
Karin, practicing piano at 2 am.
Kelsey, trying out every new recipie she could find, everything she made was perfect.
Kaylie, going from one person to the next drawing their picture, or hanging out in Grandma's room keeping her company.
Kati and all her family having a blast getting her wedding ready.
Daddy, studying early in the morning
Mom, doing everything, including never runing out of coffee for her daughers. :)

I guess none of these things have to change in our new house, but it will be different. Right now I just want to cry. (even if it is only a house)

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Wow! I can only imagine all the memories that you must have of that wonderful house. I know you will make many more where ever you all together but at the moment I am sure it seems very sad. I am sentimental about such things myself were I in your place I would have thrown the suit cases into the car and then cried myself to work! So where are you all living now? Where is the new house?

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you understand.


Right now we are homeless, but that is only until Monday when we get to move into our new home on the Axton road. It will be good to sleep in a real bed again instead of a mattress on the floor!

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M about to cry, and it's not even my house!! I'm so sad that when I come to visit again, it won't be the same old house I've known and loved for the past 8 years. 8 Years?? I cannot believe it's been that long. And you know what that means? I've known you now for 10 whole years! Ahh, I feel ancient.

I'm going to miss your beautiful house so very much ... I loved it so!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lydia, that's just too sad. :(
Maybe you'll like our new house; it has a really nice yard...and mine and Kelsey's room is kinda cool.

I can't wait to see you; it's been sooo long.

Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home