Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My poor car has been stuck in the shop for the past couple of days. You never realize how much you depend on something until it's gone. It's weird waking up in the morning and figuring out who can take me in to work and then pick me up at the end of the day. I'm afraid I'm being a major pain to the rest of my family:( Hopefully tomorrow morning it will all be ready for me to drive. I was expecting that it would cost some money to fix, but I wasn't expecting over $200! I'm told that really isn't all the bad for a car, but I'm still pretty upset about it.

So my friend Lydia has been over the past couple of day and we all have been having so much fun!! It's wonderful having one of your best friends over every day of the week! Right now she and Kelsey are way past tired. I just know they are going to stumble up to bed, catch their second wind and talk to each other the entire night just like they've been doing every night so far:) It's a tradition that when Lydia comes over she, Kelsey and I set our alarms for around midnight or after and sneak outside and dare each other to walk down a creepy road by ourselves! It's really not all that creepy, we just like to scare each other. It's such wonderful fun!

Gotta run, time for "Anne of Green Gables" or "Little Women" or my personal favorite "Gone with the Wind". See you all soon.

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

BTW, I've given up on titles.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Kimi, I agree that I never have as much fun as when I come to visit your family. Of course, talking far into the night does leave one rather drowsy throughout the day, but the drowsiness is worth it! :-)

Kimi, I think you failed to mention that our tradition sometimes gets interrupted by the fact that we can't pull ourselves out of our cozy slumber enough to march down a midnight road . . . But usually our excursions go well (I guess you could call barking dogs and sirens creepy . . . but it only makes it creepier when you make up stories about it [or was that in Moscow? I guess it was. Please forgive my short-term memory loss]) . . . just remember to wake us up tonight, Kimster! Well, I suppose I must quit this incessant chattering and go do something useful with my life. Have a wonderful day at work, Kims! Love forever to a best friend from a best friend.

A short post-script: the original comment somehow got lost into the memory of the computer, so you'll have to forgive this one if it sounds a little odd. . . . LLK

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kimi, we don't talk for the entire night-just most of it:)
We need to have one of our late night excursions soon. To bad we are usually to tired to actually get up and do it. Like that one time quite a few years ago when we told ourselves that we were going to have a midnight pillow fight. When our alarm went off, we sleepily threw a few pillows and then crawled back into our cozy beds:)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Caleb Breakey said...

Being thankful that I'm a guy is going back onto my praise list...

Just kidding! =) Sounds like you gals have fun...sort of... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home