Saturday, May 28, 2005

Our day in Seattle (Angie and Kimi's version)

One Of Seven
Saturday, May 28, 2005

So Angie and I stayed up so late last night. We could barely get up this morning. It seemed like each time we were ready to stop talking, we would think of something else to say and begin a whole new conversation that lasted hours:) We actually could have stayed in bed a lot longer, but I set my alarm way to early and we couldn't get back to sleep after it had blasted our ears off. We where a bit late picking up the other girls, Jillian and Rachel because there where some things I "had" to show Angela;)

Okay, so this is Angela now,
Well, we had know idea were we were going and after driving in circles for an hour or so, we ended up in the parkade (how fortunate) :-) We started out at Pike Street market were Mrs. Sebens and Kristi left us saying they would call us whenever! Knowing us, we stayed at Pike Street for only four minutes and then hit the malls. MAY THE FUN BEGIN!!!

Kimi now, the malls in Seattle are AWESOME!! They are so huge; thank goodness we had a wonderful tour guide with us aka Jillian Hazel:) Rachel also had a pretty good idea of where we were going. Angie and I being the mature, grownup ladies that we are did not head straight for the clothes, shoes, and makeup. No, we saw something else far more interesting......ESCALATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, how we love those stairs that go up and down. We even tried to take on a challenge by running up the escalator that was going down:) Yeah, we were having fun. Jill gave us an odd look and said "You girls don't get out of Bellingham enough!" To which we replied "Yes, we do!" Rachel then had to add "well, we sure can't tell." Hmm...Rachel? Where you embarrassed of us?

Angie now, after such an exciting adventure we went straight to Nordstrom and had a makeover done. This lady started putting this lip gloss on my lips, and after that, she told me that this lip gloss had pepper in it and it was going to start to burn and bring out the color in my lips (mind you, after she put it on she told me this). Kimi had wondered off at this point and was looking at rings. We all, (Jillian, Rachel and I) thought it would be fun to have Kimi come and try this WONDERFUL lip gloss! We ran and got her and the lady put it on and after a minute Kimi said "weird, my lips are starting to burn!!!" ;)

Me again...uh Kimi that is, So we all got free makeovers with this eye shadow that was supposed to make our eyes "stand out." (Is this to girlie for some of you?) Now with our makeup on we were ready to take on all of Seattle! It turned out that we took on Seattle in groups of two. Jillian and Rachel went off somewhere and Angie and I where left to ride the Escalators alone. Did I mention how much fun they are? We went to a billion different stores tried on basically all that we liked without buying hardly a thing. Are ya'll impressed?

It was day full of; drum role please....
Escalators (we estimated we went up and down 30 times each)
Shopping
Break dancing
running through fountains
Counting Starbucks coffee shops (there where nine in just three blocks of each other!)
Text-messaging Jill, trying to figure out where she and Rachel where.
Eating
Spending the second half of the day searching for sun dresses
Seeing live crabs in a tank (it was horrid, these crabs where about to die for some selfish person who doesn't even like crabs in the first place)
Sun tanning
Almost watching Star wars three in this HUGE theatre. (We decided we could do that back in sweet, little Bellingham someday.)
Trying on rings
Dreaming of going on the cruise ship that was about to depart from the port.

It was a marvelous, wonderful day, one that we shall never forget.
Goodnight dear peoples, we are more than a little tired. We won't mind if you fall asleep and never awake:)
Szia! Kimi and Angie

Thanks Mother dearest for taking me and my friends down there, you truly are the best!

14 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, I so wish I could have been there-sounds like y'all had a blast! Next time TRY to plan it for a day that I don't have to work.
And yes, escalators are THE BEST!!!
~Karin

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Caleb Breakey said...

It sounds like you guys had fun (hmmmm...), but I have to be honest...I'll take guys night out any day of the week!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Guys night out? Isn't that when a bunch of guys sit around, play poker, watch weird movies and eat? Hate to break this to you Caleb, but what we where doing was way more fun:)

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Kimi, way more fun!
Szia! (Hungarian)
La Revedere! (Romanian)

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Caleb Breakey said...

Well, it's kind of a strange thing. You see, there's guy’s night out, which is somewhat like what you described (but funner...yes, funner)... And then there’s going out with the guys.' I guess I was thinking a mixture between the two...

Anyway.....

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

We rode escalators, just not incessantly. To tell you the truth, I always feel a little drunk when stepping off an escalator onto solid ground, especially if I ride one repeatedly. And going up a down escalator...that's something I only do in my nightmares when I'm running away from a ferocious animal!

You forgot our marvelous lunch by the water which was fantastic beyond belief!! And Rachel and I stopped shopping because we ran out of money. Oops!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I always feel a little drunk when stepping off an escalator onto solid ground."

hmm...I guess you have had the experience of getting drunk? I'm dissapointed in you! I thought those talks of going to Canada were just a joke.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Sounds great, Kimi. So did the lip gloss really look nice once it was done burning?

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Abbie, the lip gloss was amazing! I gave in and bought some. Can you believe I spent $14 bucks on such a painful thing? Sigh, the price of beauty!

Jill, So that is why you were swaying back and forth after the escalator ride. It all makes perfect sense now. I was starting to think someone had spiked your Snapple!

Caleb, I've seen guys night out before....thats all I'm saying...

Karin, I wish you could have come. You would have loved all the Starbucks!

Hey, Aunt Mindy, glad you found my blog okay:) Thanks for the language lessons.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

no talk of alcohol on this blog!
"the Temperance committee"

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

hehe, sorry sis, guess this is your blog, --not mine :) I guess I must have control issues :D ...nah, just overly protective right?
luvs

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I've never been truly drunk, but I won't deny that I've had some sips of wine. However, the reason I know what being drunk feels like is because of these glasses they made us wear in driver's ed.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Jill, I know what you are talking about, those glasses are so awesome!

Kristi, I don't mind you promoting Temperance on my blog:) Temperance, what a pretty name.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

I'm so sorry for all the spelling and grammar errors:( You have to understand I stayed up till 2 a.m. woke up at 6:30. Spent all day in Seattle, drove home and wrote this. That is my pitiful excuse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home