Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I've decided that I don't like holidays. Sad I know, but when you go have to back to work the next day everything is so backed up. Maybe I just don't like holidays on Mondays or Fridays. Work on Tuesday was crazy; Kelsey and I barely got everything done in time. I was so wiped out that I had trouble concentrating in my SAT class. Thankfully that class is over and YIKES!! I take the SAT's this Saturday. Can any of you think of a better way to spend Saturday morning than taking a four hour test? Please, please pray I make it in time to Brad and Melanie's wedding!

On Friday I went to the Eschbach's to pick up Nathan and Joshua. We had them at our house all weekend long. On Saturday Tyler came over to hang out with them. I've always wondered what it would be like to have more than one brother. Now I know! Just watching these guys would wear me out. I don't think they even took time to breathe. I have no idea how Abigail handles having so many brothers, but I have new respect for her:) Don't get me wrong, I loved having all of them over they are such cool people.

There were some things I liked about the long weekend. One was going hiking to Artist Point on Monday. When I first heard about the hike from Kevin T. I made sure that it was going to be an easy one. He assured me it was and so did everyone else. It was anything BUT easy! I like to think I'm somewhat in shape, I run 3 to 4 miles every other day and I always to crunches. So when we came to the first steep hill I was thinking, no problem this is gonna be fun! Ugh, my legs were aching half way up the hill and to think we had to climb 4 of those hideous, steep slopes! It wasn't all bad though, whenever you're with good friends anything is fun:) Thankfully none of us died or got hurt although Kristi might strongly disagree with that!

Once we got to the top, we all sat down to eat and rest. Rebecca, my newest friend told the saddest story about her flea named Fred. I was close to tears when I learned Fred got lost because Rebecca had been working him to hard. You'll have to ask her for the whole story.

Coming down the mountain was hilarious. The snow made it really slippery; sometimes it felt like I was surfing! I made sure I was behind everyone so nobody would see me if I fell. Hiking was so much fun and there were so many new people there that I got to meet. It was nice to go to the Eschbach's afterwards and just relax. Angela and I went through their picture books and saw Jacob and Nathan when they were just tiny, little babies:)

I gotta make Daddy's lunch now, I make the best lunches in the world;) See ya'll later.

4 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

You guys can live without a title right? I don't know why I forget all the time:)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

No, I wouldn't "mightly disagree" with your statement that "nobody got hurt." I heard very little complaints (if any).
Everyone was so awesome!!

Don't feel bad about feeling tired during that first hill...that's when I almost died too :)
But we both made it sis! Hooray!

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply CANNOT live without a title, Kimi!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Poor dear Fred. I am almost sorry I burdened you with that tragic story. You would have like him I think--he could climb any number of mountains--while tucked safely in my poney tail...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home