Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Day

I'll admit it. Ditzy people annoy me. So to say that I was annoyed with myself yesterday is a huge understatement.

First I forgot my credit card and had to drive back home to get it. (note: always have a checkbook just in case)

Next it was time for an oil change.

Me:
"Hi, I would like an oil change please".
Their response
"Lady, you are in the wrong place, this is First Advance you need to go next door.
My response
"Oh, well, I'm sure you could do a better job". (Note: always read the sign above the door before walking into a store)

Time to go get those tabs for my car.

After waiting in line for 30min. it was almost my turn. I looked up and saw a sign that read "cash or checks only" (so much for needing my credit card). Anyway, I walked over to the ATM and just to be really safe I withdrew $40.00. I thought no way would it be more than $20.00 for a dumb sticker. (Note: Again, always have a checkbook)
I was wrong. After I had waited another 30 min I glanced down at the card I was holding and it said the total would be $43.75. (Note: never assume that something will be inexpensive.)
I refused to go back to the ATM because it charges you that stupid $2.00 fine. So instead I bought a .75 candy bar (there goes my diet) and asked for $5.00 cash back.
After waiting another 30 min, it was my turn. The man looked at my card for the tabs and said

"Alright, that'll be $47.75 please".

I just stared at him before saying:
"You're kidding me! The card says right there that it's $43.75!

"Yes ma'am, but there is a $4.00 fee for not mailing it in."

I thought I was going to cry, but instead I snatched the card back from him and said:
"Thanks, I'll mail it in." (note: Always, always mail in your tab renewal.)

So I ended up wasting $2.00 on the ATM machine and .75 on a candy bar, not to mention the calories! That may not seem like much to you, but to a college student that's huge! Anyway, I headed back to Prime Tune & Breaks and told my sad story to the man who had just fixed my car. At least someone got a kick out of it.

7 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Karin said...

Lol! You poor dear. That was hilarious though!! i coudn't stop laughing! Hopefully you'll have a smoother day tommorow.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Janel said...

Oh Kimi, that is very sad. I'm sorry. I'm sure you will have better days.:)

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, Kimi!! That sounds like something that would definitely happen to me, though ... hahaha

It was rather amusing, you must admit!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

wow. You're something else sis!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

been there, done that, got the trophy! Remember when I walked into the drycleaners and asked for a haircut in Moscow? I then went next door and got my hair cut by Delilah. No kidding. At least you chose the right line to stand in. I've stood in the wrong line for 30 minutes before! Glad to know my awareness rubbed off on someone else!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Mark said...

that's awesome! I do stupid things too--I just keep them a secret between me and the strangers who are usually witness.... :)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

lol Kimi!! What a day...thanks for sharing it, I laughed all the way through. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home