Tuesday, July 05, 2005

They're driving me crazy!

Urgh! Someone please tell me how to make a mosquito bit stop itching. They are driving me crazy! All the bites on my feet and legs are from the Jennings’s picnic and the ones on my arms are from tubing on Lake Whatcom. Is it true mosquito's are attracted to perfume? I would gladly not wear any if it meant keeping them away. Last night I couldn't sleep they were itching so badly. I finally went downstairs around 2:00am and asked my Mom if she had anything for them. She did have a little stick pen thing that worked really well, but stupid me I left it at work today. So tonight I expect to not get any sleep.

Just to let everyone know though, all the mosquito bites I have are totally worth all the fun I had. Starting from last Thursday to yesterday night were the best days yet this year. Mainly because Kristi, Kelsey, Lydia and I got to go tubing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!! I LOVE TUBING!!

11 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Caleb Breakey said...

Your mom was downstairs at 2:00am? Talk about a dedicated mom!

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Kimi! They are terribly annoying. My ankle is swollen due to the many bites I got. But you're right, it was worth it!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Such a nasty insect.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Kimi, pretend (really hard) that the mosqitoes are your very dearest of all friends, and you love them so much, but of whom you get to see so seldom. That way, you will look at the itchy bites as a treasured reminder of the little creatures, and as a way to hold the dear memory of them a little longer.

OR....you could just play "connect- the-dots" with the bites. That might help too.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Kristi, your remedies are always so brilliant. ~ Abbie in San Jose!!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Well, I wouldn't go quite so far as to say her remedies are brilliant. Ammusing perhaps, but not brilliant:)

Chris, cologne does count as perfume! (I think:) I have 11 bites on my right foot, can you belive that?

Yeah Caleb, my Mom is pretty dedicated. There have been countless times when she has been up in the early hours of the morning helping me or my siblings with our silly, little aches, itches and pains.

Ruthie, I hope your ankle has stopped swelling:)

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mm-Hm, Kimi, I know exactly what you're talking about. The worst place for a mosquito bite, I've decided, is the top of the head. Other than that, I have one on my pinky toe that made it swell up, and I'm finding more all the time. But they are only memory marks of the most wonderful time of the year (I'm not referring to Christmas in this instance, but rather, the past week I spent at your house). Yeah!!! I love tubing, too!!!!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Tubing! Unfair! I haven't been tubing all year...it's time to work on my inside connections agian. :-)

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Honey girl, did I mention that hydrocortisone cream works really well too?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Dear sister, I already knew that! Your advice comes a little late I'm afraid.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to interrupt everyone,but my friend Lydia got a blog! You can visit it at Lydster107.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home