Tuesday, September 13, 2005

You gotta love her

My dear sister Kristi has this certain way about her that just.....well it just....I don't know! Sometimes it makes you just stare at her, wondering if she is feeling okay. Other times it makes you want to get as far away as possible, it makes you want to cry and it makes you want to laugh hysterically. I'm sure most of you people who are around her allot know what I'm talking about.

Just the other day Kati, Kristi, Kelsey and I went out to eat at Anthony's on the Marina. We wanted to just hang out and talk about whatever. Well, as you know Anthony's is a pretty nice restaurant. (Dan picked it out for us, thanks Dan:) It's not a place like McDonald's or DQ. Try telling Kristi that.
Throughout the meal she and I would make little jokes about each other, all in fun of course. I had just said something really funny about her to Kati when she get's this look in her eyes, grabs her water and says "Kimi, I'm going to baptize you!" I need to mention that Anthony's was packed; I mean there wasn't one empty table in the whole place. Kati and I just stare at Kristi in shock as she starts to stand up with her water raised high.
"Kristi!" Kati whispers, "Everyone is looking at you, put the glass down!"

"Oh, uh, hi!" Kristi says to the people with their mouths open.

She quickly sits down with her hands folded, ready to be a normal, mature 22 year old. It doesn't last. One of the waiters, while cleaning off the table next to ours, knocks over a chair. He picks it up and continues to clean the table.

"Hey look you guys, he didn’t put that chair back in very straight, maybe I should help him."
It was obvious he heard her.

And finally, when we were in the parking lot, where there were many other people. Kristi opens her trunk, gives an annoyed sigh and says
"Oh, come now, you get out of my trunk, you know better than that, don't let me catch you hiding in there again!"

I wish you could have seen her. Hands on her hips, an annoyed look on face scolding the inside of her trunk when there was nothing there.

So yeah, that's Kristi for ya. Ain't she great?

19 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Aw shucks Kimi...:D
(I can't decide if I'm supposed to be embarresed or not).
I think you're great too. I really think we should have helped that waiter out though; he obviously didn't have a CLUE about how to make the chairs look nice around the table!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Well I do know exactly what you are talking about Kimi. There is something about her that makes me want to love her, be annoyed with her, protect her and yet sometimes I can't stop laughing and shaking my head in wonder at some of the stuff she comes up with. I wouldn't ever dream of saying or doing some of her antics.
Fo example did she tell you about the whole "the shrimp is poisioning me and I am going to be dead by the end of the night" thing the other night at the Thompsons? Oh my that was truely an experience and for once I joined her and spent time doing some dispute resolution counseling between her and Mark which was definetly a facinating experience to say they least. LOL (one of those sort of "you had to be there it was so sillly" type things!)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

I've got pics to prove the night of the shrimp!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Let me see them! Kristi was telling me about that night when she got home, but I was half asleep so I don't remember much.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Yes, yes, yes! You gotta love her. Your sister, my dear Kimi, is outragiously wacky...and wonderful!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Emily I would like to see some of the photos from that night sometime. I am sure you got some really awful ones of me but I would like to see them anyway! I know there is one with me and a cell phone for sure, taken by Ethan just to prove that I won't keel over if I touch one! I think some of the worst ones got deleated but I would love to see some of the other ones, like the funny hat pictures you all took at the end, etc.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Kimi, you're a peach. But not the one I had yesterday. That one was rotten.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Krsit! You stole my line! Actually it's Lydia Kinnie's line, I stole it from her:)

So, where are the pics Emily? I love looking at pictures of Kristi when she is acting crazy!!!!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I don't think we will be getting to see any photos for a while since Emmy and your darling oldest sister are off gallavanting to CA! I am jealous but I hope they have a wonderful time and we will have to pester Em when she gets back.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

Yes, I just want you all to know that line was most originally myne!! I started it, I don't know, maybe three or four years ago, and since then, Kimi, Kelsey, and I have ended up calling each other all kinds of different fruits! And just so you know, Kimster, my last name only has one i in it. But I agree, you most definitely are a peach!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Lidster, the first time I heard you say that was at mine and Kelsey's going away sleepover at your house. So yeah I guess that makes it about 5 years ago! It's such a lovely saying, how did you ever come up with it?

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

You're right Crystal, I completely forgot they were in California. Have they really already left? How sad, I didn't tell them goodbye:(

As soon as Emily gets back we'll have her show us the pictures!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

Well, Lisa was the one who first started calling me a peach, but when I first said "Oh, you're such a peach! But not the one I had yesterday, that one wasn't very good" was the second time I came to visit I think. My, you have a good memory,Kimi! I don't even remember stuff I said at yours and Kelsey's good-bye party!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Kimi! Wish you could see this...
Felicity is "helping" me with my school at the computer. She thinks the computer is terriblly facinating. I decided to show her the picture of her on your blog. She attacked it!!
(she is all curled up on the mouse pad right now. Oh wait!....yes! She caught the mouse! She pounced on it! What a good kitty!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Mark said...

*laughing way too hard in Starbucks*

That's SO awesome!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

Kimi, where are you? It's been almost a month since you've posted. I'm waiting . . . .

Still waiting . . .

I'm still here . . .

Posting any time soon? . . .

Okay, time to move on to someone else's blog! :-) Love you!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Lydia, I have so many things to write about that I don't know where to begin.

There now, is that a good enough excuse for you? ;)

Luvs girlie, hopes to see you soon!!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

Well, you better start writing!

And if you REALLY wanted to see me soon, you'd come with Kelsey to see "Oliver!" Pretty please . . . *adoring eyes like from "Shrek 2*

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

Sorry, didn't close the parantheses - it's "Shrek 2."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home