Monday, July 24, 2006

Quotes from Shakespeare

I watched "Much Ado About Nothing" last night. I cried, laughed and got terribly confused all at once.

Here are just a few of my favorite quotes from the movie.

"Friendship is constant in all other things save in the office and affairs of love!" ~Claudio

"Speak cousin, or if you cannot, stop his mouth with a kiss and let him not speak either." ~ Beatrice

"When I said I would die a Bachelor, I did not think I should live until I married!" ~ Benedict

"Lady, as you are mine I am yours". ~Claudio

There are so many, many more quotes, but I got tired of writing them all down. Anyway, it was a cute movie; I think I'll watch it again someday.

4 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

Well, I've never seen "Much Ado About Nothing", but we were going to do a skit from it for my drama class a couple years ago, so I memorized Beatrice's lines - the one where she starts, "I wonder that you will still be talking Signior Benedick, nobody marks you" ... I should watch it sometime, I've heard it's really funny.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimi,
You are going to LOVE PCC! They perfomed that play the very last fine arts of the semester. They did a pretty good job too.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

OH I love that movie. I just watched it the other day and I too loved the line about dying a bachelor. I am starting to enjoy Shakespear more and more. Have you seen a midsummer night dream? It is really funny too. Thanks for the smile!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

No, I haven't seen that one, but I'm dying to! I've read the book at least 8 times!

Lydia, I know what part you're talking about, you should really watch it someday I think you would like it.

Karin, I hope so bad PCC does that play again, I can't belive I missed it. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home