Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tornado!

I thought Florida got hurricanes not tornados!? We sure got one today
though. I seriously thought we were all going to be blown away into the
sky. I watched as one guy's umbrella top broke off and went flying
straight up. It looked like a flying saucer! Once when it got really bad
the faculty put us all in a lockdown for 2 hours. Wherever you were you
had to just stay there and wait. It's amazing what people do when they
get bored. Unfortunately I was in the building where my math class was so
I still had to go to class. Tennis class of course was canceled, we got
to play volleyball instead. My tennis class played against the volleyball
class and we beat them! (highlight of my semester right there:) Once when
my friend and I were sitting on a bench in the Academic Center waiting for
class, a leak sprung and water started pouring on us. The whole town is
messed up and blown apart, but everyone is safe.

Anyway, it's been one exciting day, even though everyone smells like a wet
dog now...gross! Oh...I forgot to tell you about the lightening.....it
was awesome.....so was the thunder....

6 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kimi this is tina, I'm in florida too. :-) I fly home tomorrow though. I really wanted to come see you and Karin, but Orlando was a far way to drive to Pensacola. Even in the red 2007 mustang convertible I rented... could've tried, but probably would've gotten pulled over a few times. Text me if u still have my number and say hi to karin k?

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Wow! That sounds really scary. I am glad you're ok!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Lydia Lee said...

That sounds exciting, Kimi! Although I have had so many nightmares about tornados that I don't know if I ever want to go through one. I'm glad you're having lots of adventures in Florida ... :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

So is the campus hosting a Wizard of Oz night when everything dries out?! Sound scary but somewhat exciting. I remember years ago seeing small tornadoes roar across OK and AR but nothing really hit where we were. I guess you now have a new item for Eric to draw with you at the fair next year! Praise the Lord that everyone was safe.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Janel said...

That sounds very exciting. Well, maybe not the part about staying in one building, but the rest of it. Stay safe girl.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

one of my wishes for when i was in tulsa was that there would be a tornado...sadly it did not happen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home