Saturday, April 30, 2005

Spring Cleaning

Wow, so far today it's been pretty crazy. My mom woke us up early and announced that today would be "spring cleaning day". Usually the sound of that would make me groan, but then I realized spring cleaning, which includes running up and down the stairs while carrying huge boxes would be a great way lose some calories. So right away I threw myself into helping mom. We worked for hours moving Josiah's stuff from the computer room into the laundry room. It's so awesome, Josiah is upgrading! You know, I don't think he has ever had a real room in his life. In Moscow he slept in a closet under the stairs and then a family room and so on. O.K. I'm getting off track:) I think I went up and down the stairs 71 and 1/2 times. (The half time was when I went up half way and then fell down backwards:)
Once, while Josiah and Mom where moving his bed Joe goes "Ouch". He lifts up his foot to discover there is a big, silver tack imbedded in his heel. Me, being the helpful, calm sister that I am closed my eyes and covered my ears until I was sure he had pulled it out!

I was feeling so good about all the calories I was losing, so good in fact that I went upstairs and ate a bowl of ice-cream with peanut butter on top. "Sigh" I don't know why I did that.

Later, Mom and I were feeling tired so I drove to the gas station (only 1 mile away) which had an espresso stop(aren't I lucky?) to get a latte. I think it was my third cup of the day. I need coffee the way Chris needs his Mt Dew!!
When I got home I ran upstairs to find Kelsey choking in the bathroom. She had apparently dumped out a whole can of comet in her zeal to clean the bathtub. I'm serious you could NOT breath in there. That comet along with Windex I had been using all morning and my three coffees I had where NOT a good combination, (Oh wait....wow, I just saw a preview for "The Kingdom of Heaven". It looks so good, let's watch it someday) Whoops, sorry about that:) Like I was saying, the combination of everything was making me rather tipsy for a while and then down right crummy. I passed out on the couch and didn't wake up till just a little while ago.

I'm so glad no one can see how I look, my eyes are doing something strange and my hair is standing straight up not to mention I'm not wearing any makeup except for last night smeared mascara. Jill, I really wanted to go to the play with you tonight, but I just don't think it's gonna work out, sorry:(

One good thing I'd like to say is that we bought a new computer! The screen is so big; I think it's bigger than our school TV. We had to rearrange the whole downstairs for this new guy(computer) but I think it's worth it.

See ya all laterz, I hope I won't look this way tomorrow:) Happy Earth Day, oh wait, that was last week, never mind.

12 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had three cup's of coffee? That's enough to make me sicker than a pineapple on a pear tree!

I know, it doesn't make any sense.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

I can see why you looked like such a mess--coffee, spilled Comet and Windex, and the thing that makes for the worst possible appearence is smeared from yesterday!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Ha! I remembered the title!

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to write American. How do you clean the Spring? We need help to clean house. When horse was little we brought into house. Now horse has grown and cannot go out of house. I must clean horse. If you come to Bulgaria will you help me? I am from Sliven in Bulgaria. In Bulgaria we drink Turkish coffee.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

In reading back over my comment, it's supposed to say "mascara" after "smeared." I hate it when I leave out words!! My mind gets ahead of my fingers.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Alexei Bakalov, I would love to help you. Next time I'm in Bulgaria I'll be sure to stop by and get the horse out of the house.

Abbie, I know what you mean about the mind getting ahead of the fingers that happens to me all the time:)

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAYLIE!!!! YOU ARE THE ANONYMOUS POSTER!!!! I could tell because you said "pinapple in a pear tree" I never suspected you!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wait for you. I hope you not should to come in June. Because in June I am taking first year university exam. In August my family take holiday to Black Sea. Maybe you can come then. After holiday you can help with horse.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Caleb Breakey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Alexei Bakalov: I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you tear part of the house down and then push the horse out? Of course you would have to rebuild that part of the house, but I think it is a good idea.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to come to Bulgaria, but when I do save lots of Turkish coffee for me:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home