Sunday, May 08, 2005

"Oh Canada"

As been the tradition for the past 3 years, on Mother's Day our whole family drives up to Canada to eat out at an Indian restaurant.

The day started out lovely, actually let me begin with yesterday. Around 9:00 or so Kaylie went upstairs to get Grandma ready for bed, she came screaming downstairs yelling for Mom and saying "THERE IS BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!" Mom, Kelsey and I went racing upstairs to see what was wrong. Grandma had somehow fallen and hit the back of her head on her desk. She didn't want to bother us so she had tried to take care of it herself. Needless to say that wasn't working, there was blood on everything. Anyway, we thought that we wouldn't be able to go out on Mother's Day because Grandma might be hurt really bad and need to go the emergency room for stitches. Luckily Mom, being the excellent nurse that she is and of course Kelsey and I being the wonderful helpers that we are were able to get everything under control in just an hour. (Kelsey almost fainted when she was in there:)

Okay, so that didn't really have anything to do with today:) After a wonderful sermon by Pastor Steve, we raced out of church and headed to Canada. Karin, Kelsey and I were in one car while the rest were in the van. It was only supposed to be a twenty minute drive, but it ended up being over an hour cause in Canada everything is so weird! We had to turn around twice and figure out where we were. It wasn't so bad though, because whenever my sisters and I are together we have a crazy, super, good time:) On the way there we picked out our dream houses and I even decided where I wanted to die, I think I was having the most fun. After a while Kelsey fell asleep in the back and Karin was so wrapped up in classical music I was left talking to myself. That was okay, I love talking to myself, we always agree!

This is getting really long and really boring, so I don't think I'm going to write anymore. Someday I'll tell you about the "border search" and the "alligators". (Okay, so maybe there weren't any alligators)

Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day and don't forget to tell your Mom at least five things that you love about her:)

5 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

No, I guess I wouldn't want to die and be buried in Canada. It was just such a gorgeous place. I'm sure there is a place like that in the States and when I find it I'm going to buy it so I can be burried there:) Happy?

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Sounds like an interesting day! Yeah, everything in Canada is very weird! Why do they add extra letters to words like color and center? One of the only things I like about Canada is the exchange rate!! :)

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Even the exchange rate isn't such a happy thing anymore as our economy weakens and the value of the American dollar begins to slip...

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Chris, I'm 17!

I don't think all of Canadians are traitors. Just because their government wouldn't help us with the war doesn't mean all of them agreed. I'm sure there are tons of Canadians who really want to help us out. I get scared when people in the States and people in Canada talk bad about each other. Pretty soon we might end up fighting one another, that would be awful.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Good point, Jillian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home